15/09/2010

Geek Hits London: Day 3 of placement.

'Home is the most important place in the world'
Trust Ikea to print some BS like that on an oystercard and it's enough to stop me in my day and make me feel all blue.
I have now come to the conclusion that I am a homebird. I don't mind living in London, I don't even mind the filing. I just miss the people closest to me. Every morning at 7.30 all the workerdrones on the Picadilly Line look like they're going over the top of the trenches or something.
Today was a much better day. And the best news is that TOMORROW I get to sit in in a meeting with Penny's!! Hopefully I'll understand their Irishness. Very exciting! So happy I get to be amongst buyers and see real business rather than delivering it to reception. I do totally get that I have to be a bit of a postman pat, just JESUS do my feet kill. Sorry, this will be the last time
I mention my feet on this blog again, readers!
Speaking of which it's great that all you newbies are reading and enjoying my wierd posts. Big 'Hello' to everyone in Corfe Mullen, Jboy and my Steve - thankyou!
Also I think I'm gaining the trust of my boss little by little. I have been doing a lot less little elf things and have been calling fabric manufactures and emailing and all kinda of stuff.
Still LOTS of photocopying! I'll let you know how the meeting goes, and I'll put up some of my dress-to-impress styles that I have even workin' this week.
Keep it real guys, like I am so very much doing.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: