14/09/2010

Geek Hits London : Day 2 of placement

Holy moly you should see my feet. They are swollen, red and probably stinking a horrendous day of tubes and London drizzle.
I'm afraid my posts maybe a tad similar until I get trusted with the big girl stuff.
Today was a combination of organising swatch samples into a room with about 60 gazillion folders from each factory. Whilst eating my wrap and a mullar rice amongst files and folders. It's that awkward thing - will I get judged for taking a proper lunch, away from my desk, with other cockneys keeping me company rather than mounds of files? The boss assured me I was entitled to, but will they get all fashiony if they do? They all seem to have soup at their desks....
Also did another 'drop' at Miss Selfridge, Urban Outfitters, New Look and Asos. This again involved me lugging a bits and bobs around London and making SURE the buyers get them. Very stressful. Am getting a new spot everyday.
This is very costly for a student who's fricken loan company don't know what's going down. So, I'm poor, smelly and a bit dazed but I can already tell, amazing things will happen from here. I feel at the right place at the right time. A feeling I havnt had since I was at Tesco.
I have to go, my right foot is looking gross. Hopefully I'll get to go to some meetings soon - that will be a huge insight into what the buyers want. Better get a new notebook. Night blog fans!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Foxmead Close,Enfield,United Kingdom

No comments: