31/03/2010

A little snippet of history.

Here is a rather embarrassing 5 minute presentation that I did at the start of the year. I won't mind if you read whilst blushing for me....

WHERE ARE YOU?
> Currently I'm studying Fda Fashion and I'm 100% driven in my ambitions to become a fashion buyer for a large fashion company.

HOW HAVE YOU GOT HERE?
> After studying A-Level, I realised that I wanted to become a buyer after a chat with a careers advisor. We came to this decision after dicussing things the interested me and what I was good at (probably what most fashion buyers do, I'd imagine).
I have also been working at Primark for 3 years and it has given me many opportunities. I have met buyers from menswear, childrenswear, lingerie at the head office and I hope to do a work placement there also. In store as a supervisor I regularly controlling visual merchandising and have to be in the know of company and store best/worst sellers which really caught my attention.
Then my placement at Tesco really opened my eyes. I am confident now I can fill a trainee buyer position.

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO NEXT?

I want to work in a fast fashion company. Somewhere that needs someone to cater for the fast-pace that fashion is today. I am prepared to do an internship. I would like to work for a compnay similar to Tesco or Primark because I think that the fast fashion culture is still in the forefront of everyone's minds and is not in a hurry to slow down.

WHERE MIGHT IT TAKE YOU?

Honestly, it's hard to say where it will take me.
Hopefull I can porgress within the company and become a buying manager in a specific department that I enjoy. Hopefully I will then get to see other companies structures and see how i would fit in to those. Jo's story has inspired me to get skilled in my proffession and (hopefully) go it alone with my own brand. It's early days yet however.

VALUES

One day, I would like to incorporate some more ethical products into the company. It will work. It may not be on everyone's agenda at the moment but eventually it will be. It's been growning from strength to stregth and as the government starts to invest more time in this issue, we are going to have to shop 'greener'. I am excited about meeting the demands of a typical consumer.

CRINGE.

No comments: