22/03/2010

Gorgeous George.

Thought I'd blog about a topic which really caught my eye this week.
Not only has ASDA wowed me this S/S with their unbeatable prices yet again but their awesome 'must haves' for me. As a fashion retailer, for many years they have been a fierce competitor in my line of interest. Figures released claim they are up 16% on like-for-like sales than last year. Adsa is a unstoppable force attracting weekly shopping mothers, grabbing their on trend lovelies as they buy their milk and eggs.
Here's some of the pieces that have caught my eye this week;













But Adsa are even more than one step ahead.
As of the 8th of March, George at Asda have launched it's 100 day quality returns policy, giving the consumer 100 days in which to return garments that 'you are not completely satisfied with'.
This is unheard of. No other fashion is this, many 28 days, some only 14.
I think this will become a major cause for concern amongst many retailers. Let's face it, Adsa are offering us something that others are not. Sooner or later other fast fashion chains will have to follow suit. It's a tiring job working in a fashion office I have learnt. I have a feeling that when I'm in that environment, I'll always be looking over my shoulder at my competitors. Hopefully behind my shoulder. It's a good lesson to learn. Will Adsa's 100 day gamble pay off? Only time will tell...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: