18/03/2010

5 years.

I suppose it's hard to say where you'll be in five years. But it's always nice to have a plan. By planning the next five years of my life I can set myself goals you see, I can establish realistic achievements in what I consider as a fairly short time span. Which might I add is what I LOVE to do. I plan everything. EVERYTHING. I've always done it. My diary is always full. A true fashion geek's always is.

When I finish my Fda fashion degree I would like to find a job in a commercial buying office. Ideally I would like to work for a high street brand which I could really make my mark on. Possibly a struggling retailer or better known one which has an area in which it wants to devellop e.g ethical clothing etc.
I aim to work with the company for a number of years on a small department initially to prepare me for a more high-pressure department.
For this, I plan on moving to wherever I'm needed, however I assume it will probably be London. Here I will live a realistic distance from work.

As my career devellops, I aim to be doing similar jobs as I learnt at Tesco. Within the five years, I aim to have my own sub section within a department to control.
I would also like my career to devellop here. I would like to progress up the chain to eventually become a chief buyer. That's the plan.

As the five years draw to a close, I would like to try and explore other companies. I think that's the kind of buyer I'd like to be. Adaptable and versatile in any fashion company.

And a decade goes by....

When things in my personal life inevitably change, I like the prospect of setting up my own business. Once I get my own expertise in my own individual field (whatever that may be!) I'd like to be able to use that work in order for me to set up my own brand. Hopefully then, I can establish what the market needs, and launch a successful exciting business.

A girl can dream can't she?!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: