24/03/2010

I'm in the business....

(click to make it nice and big!)

Here are my new business cards! Sounds very swish doesn't it?
I made them before I went to the Pure Exhibition and handed them out to the suppliers that I spoke to for Fab Frocks.
And also, every sensible fashion buyer worth their salt has a business card, after all, there may be some headhunting going on in the near future eh?
I think that business cards, however dull, are very important for me in my particular field. Not only to me currently, as I'm trying to get into the industry, getting my foot in the door, networking, with the business card, I am totally accessible and they know my name already. I wanted the business card to look slick and professional and an exciting opener to my CV.
I have read also that in such a competitive market which I have chosen, people's CV's are judged within the first 2-3 seconds. By having the business card to accompany that, it gives them the most valuable information in the first second. I think having my business cards is a huge advantage and shows I am serious about my career.
I chose the 'HJD' image on the front of the card as a brand identity. It says a lot about me, in fact. 'HJD' are my initials. I have selected very simple, yet prominent fronts which aligns with my honest, open and dedicated approach. I just hope they are effective...

No comments: