25/10/2008

Pattern Cutting POWERRR!

Just had two days of pattern cutting with Patricia and Jodie and let me tell you, it is alot harder than I thought!
I have only had experience cutting and very slightly altering vogue patterns etc. so I knew this was going to be hard.
I learnt alot from pattern cutting actually. It takes a lot of patience. It also found it helped me to make notes while Patricia was demonstrating, which I think I need to work on. Hopefully soon I'll be able to just whizz off after the demo and produce a completely accurate and awesome pattern!
I also learnt how effective the Pattern Master is and how to use it.
I felt a bit silly asking Patricia and Jodie for help for what seems like every 5 seconds! I know I need to work on this. I need to trust my own inital instincts.
It's very reassuring having Pat and Jodie there though, they are very lovely people.

No comments: