20/10/2008

Folkin' Hell!

Well, the next project sounds brilliant!

We have been given the task to think about Folk costume. We need to sketch and design ideas for a shirt based on Eastern Euopean cultural fashions.
I think it's going to be fun to interpret these folk inspirations in our own ways. It's going to be really exciting looking into the different costume from various cultures.
I must say that I am very impressed by the library. I spent the entire day in there researching using Russian and Hungarian books, and books about Folklore costume. I found myself wrapped up in there!
Also, I think I've already chosen to focus on Russian Folk costume as I visited Russia in March 08. I got to see magnificent architecture from St. Petersburg and Moscow and I even saw a Folklore Show with authentic costume and music and everything. I'm going to try and use as much research from the Russia trip as I can.
EEEEEE this is going to be gooood.

No comments: