02/10/2008

Big girl sewing session!

Whooah! Been using the industrial machines today wehey!!

I felt fairly uneasy at first today as I wasn't sure if the knowledge that I had from sixth form would help me at the Arts Institute, machining-wise, but it went really well. I had done most of the seam practices before but it's a totally different ball game on these chunky machines! Pressing is brillliant.
Honestly i can't wait to use this amazing equipment on my own garments etc.
Seem to be getting used to the jam-packed, information-filled days now.
Sarah and Patricia brought out the dreaded ballet box out today :S
Not really feeling very confident to be honest but leading the group would be really great. I've never done anything like this before and I reckon that I would really enjoy it. Eeeek it's all very serious isn't it??!!
Off to work on the moodboard before I go out.
Dalton, out!

No comments: