09/04/2010

MINTEL.

A company that I refer to ALL the time is Mintel.

Mintel is an independant company provides market research, analysis and general overviews of the state of business in most industries.

You can search;
  • By Business Need
  • By Product

    The research given is mainly aimed at retail sectors, but also researches for finance and leisure companies.

    Ok so it might sound boring, but Mintel just makes good sense. In this competitive world that we live in, Mintel offer individuals but better still, business' information on how their competitors are performing, what strategies are working for them and find out information about what the public think about it. They insist on being ahead of the game and the only way to achieve that is by updating their market intelligence and have been supporting high profile clients for 38 years.

    So why is it helpful for me? A future fashion buyer?
    Simply, Mintel is the best at delivering facts and figures about my competitor, and they are available at any time. They also may have information on the company that I am working for and also, keep the business aware of where it;s going wrong and how it can make better decisions in the future. I have used Mintel in my essay and have used it in my professional project. Mintel does all the hard work for me. I used it because, I can get a hold of up-to-date secondary research. The website is easy to navigate round, instantly being able to narrow down your search into 'Competitive Intelligence', 'Market Intelligence', 'Trends and Innovation' and 'Product Innovation'.

    Like all smart companies, you can follow Mintel on Twitter for up to the minute updates on www.twitter.com/mintelnews

No comments: