09/04/2010

COMPANIES HOUSE

Here's an exciting little find... Companies House.

Companies House is a business that registers companies in order for them to be made available, by law, to the public. They are officially named the Registrar of Companies.

Companies House;
  • incorporate and dissolve limited companies
  • examine and store company information delivered under the Companies Act and related legislation; and
  • make this information available to the public.
All limited companies in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are registered at Companies House, an Executive Agency of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). There are more than 2 million limited companies registered in Great Britain, and more than 300,000 new companies are incorporated each year.

What does it offer me I hear you say? Well as I mentioned in my 5 year plan, I would like to one day have my own fashion company. Companies House takes care of all the restrictions that I may come up against, making the business secure and legally available to the public. Without this, you are subject to copyright issues and legal battles that I will probably never be aware of. The website also offers free information about how to start up my own business and also gives me information on over 2 million companies, here I can view a company's filing history and purchase copies of document images, as well as a selection of company reports, all online. Sounds pretty dangerous but like Mintel, an invaluable source of information.
Stay one step ahead.

No comments: