23/02/2010

Pure 2010

Pure 2010. The UK's largest trade fashion fair showcasing womenswear and creative mens, womenswer and childrenswear, accessories and millenery.
Amazing. As a Pure virgin, I was amazed to find a phenomenal array of beautiful designs and an enormous arena full of 10,000 smart, successful and very cool fashion buyers on a serious mission. Very daunting for me.

But I had no time for that. No. I had a job to do. I had to source a new look for Fab Frocks of Westbourne. I had to approach a new supplier/existing supplier with an new collection.
And that I did.
After locating and going over the occasionalwear section, I set my sights on 12 potential suppliers that I thought Tracey might go for.
Time to approach them. Aaaah.
.....
And 2 hours later I felt confident talking to suppliers, getting information that I needed for Fab Frocks and let them know exactly what we were looking for.

I really feel this was a crucial point in my devellopment as a fashion professional and Pure was a perfect, thrown in the deep end moment!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: